Sunday, 3 August 2014

Week 5

Speech as a news report



Australia: A great experience for Japanese students


Every year Japanese students of all ages, travel to Cairns to study English and enjoy an Australian home stay experience.

Sakura Mogi, 14, from Tokyo, and Kae Kiminu, 15 from Osaka both agreed that, the clear sky and the stars  was one of the things they liked the most about Australia.

Both Sakura and Kae are staying in Cairns for an 18 day English study program run by Sun Pacific College.

Kae also felt one of the things she liked most about Australia, was her host family’s house. “It is very comfortable.” Kae said. Sakura also agreed and said “The house is very comfortable.”

Both girls were keen to go to the beach while in Australia. On a trip to Green Island with Sun Pacific College, Kae and Sukura were able to enjoy the clear sea of Australia and snorkel The Great Barrier Reef. Kae said she “saw many fish and a turtle. I was able to touch the turtle!”  Kae and Sukura said that they both liked Australia’s clear sea.

Kae, 15, and Sakura, 14, from Japan, enjoy the crazy fun with their host family in Cairns

Quiz 5 reflection

This chapter I found to be short and simple to follow. On my first attempt of the quiz I managed to get 7 out of 10, and found that the ones that I got wrong were ones I had changed my answers on. So from this I have learnt to follow my instincts! I need to trust myself and not go changing answers.

2 comments:

  1. You have created a nice, readable article here, addressing the W's and H in the lead and first paragraph. I can definitely see a pyramid approach to this story, with the important things at the top moving down to human interest at the bottom. Well done (I am still struggling with mine).
    Take care
    Kim van Holland
    @vanniesmedia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adelle, a really good attempt here. Review your attribution of speech. See the Week 5 Study Guide Lesson. For example: “It is very comfortable.” Kae said. [Issue - full-stop should be a comma between end quotation mark and Kae.]

    And:

    Sakura also agreed “The house is very comfortable.” [Issue - Avoid mixing indirect and direct quotes. In this instance, you could simply put a colon between agreed and the first quotation mark, or a full stop. For example, both of the following would be correct:

    Sakura also agreed: “The house is very comfortable.”
    Sakura also agreed. “The house is very comfortable,” she said.

    I hope this helps. Kate :)

    ReplyDelete