@adellecqu
After setting up a Twitter account I attempted to find 20 journalists in my area (of course I knew that was not going to happen as FNQ is too small!). After getting a few locals I widened the list to Queensland, and then some major news channels that post global news as well, to fit in with my business area of study.
Stories in my area this week
This was a small item that had a lot happening on social networks with issues relevant to politics, road rules, legal intervention, local council and social media.
Here are some Tweets about it and a link to some of the online media. The media story in the link will give you the nitty gritty about how it all unfolded. Note that Rob Pyne is the opposition MP.
Other Tweets the came up of popular interest were regarding the Baden-Clay case and the Rolf Harris case. The use of Twitter (social media) allowed journalists to be able to give current reports as trials unfolded, as well as account for time differences globally.
Quiz 2 reflections
Yukky! I had flash backs to high school and not being able to make sense of any of what I was being taught, and the teacher getting frustrated with me for not understanding! I read the chapter with highlighter in hand, then attempted the quiz with the book and still didn't get 100%!
I did find it interesting that the book itself started sentences with the word 'but' as I was taught (the one thing I did retain!) to never start a sentence with 'but' (or 'so').
From this weeks quiz (aka frustration) I realised I am better at reading and correcting grammar, then trying to work it out in my head or say it out loud or write it myself. English is not my strong point at all, and I am already finding this very daunting.
No comments:
Post a Comment